One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.‘the situation gradually improved’‘gradually, his powers of speech returned’
slowly, moderately, unhurriedly, cautiously, gently, gingerly, circumspectly, unspectacularlyView synonyms
- ‘Continue gradually adding all the flour until it is the consistency of a dough.’
- ‘The parliament is gradually getting its act together and is growing in confidence by the day.’
- ‘The light seeped gradually through the trees as morning slowly came to the jungle.’
- ‘He gradually built up a reputation and by the Sixties he was an international celebrity.’
- ‘The family claim they were gradually abandoned on account of their lowly social status.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.