One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such strong words are headline grabbers when they come from someone widely assumed to be speaking his mind.’
- ‘We are here to complain about the land grabbers who took our home away.’
- ‘They are the humble citizens who do their duties without the pomp and ceremony of media grabbers and they refuse to be seduced into a lifestyle that provides the temptation to shred all forms of decency.’
- ‘Childcare is likely to be the headline grabber this year, just as disability was last year and decentralisation was the previous year.’
- ‘There was a huge amount of sympathy while others called us liars and money grabbers,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.