One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such strong words are headline grabbers when they come from someone widely assumed to be speaking his mind.’
- ‘We are here to complain about the land grabbers who took our home away.’
- ‘There was a huge amount of sympathy while others called us liars and money grabbers,’ he said.’
- ‘They are the humble citizens who do their duties without the pomp and ceremony of media grabbers and they refuse to be seduced into a lifestyle that provides the temptation to shred all forms of decency.’
- ‘Childcare is likely to be the headline grabber this year, just as disability was last year and decentralisation was the previous year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.