One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the government of a country or state.‘a governmental agency’‘governmental intervention in the economy’
- ‘Many of the events are organised by governmental officials and ministers.’
- ‘Does this type of work sound inherently governmental or work to be privatized?’
- ‘Flag ceremonies take place once a week at all governmental offices.’
- ‘The main casualty in all of this is the integrity of the governmental process.’
- ‘In both cases, governmental support for the schemes has been tremendous.’
- ‘He had worked for the governmental agency responsible for all the construction on the river.’
- ‘The Department of Justice is not the only governmental authority inquiring into tasers.’
- ‘Political economists are in general quite suspicious of governmental intervention.’
- ‘Such organizations may be governmental, private businesses, or non-profit agencies.’
- ‘The first half of the 1990s was a time of great change in governmental policy towards transportation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.