One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unused equipment sold by the government.
- ‘We estimate that the general government surplus is likely to rise to around 6 percent of gross domestic product this year, supported by high oil prices as well as back tax payments.’
- ‘He bought inexpensive government surplus shell casings and painted them to sell as motor route newspaper tubes.’
- ‘Most of the machines came from government surplus rather than railroad sources.’
- ‘Both men had been buying and selling government surplus stock after the second world war and often met at auctions.’
- ‘The original descent, by members of the Gritstone Club, involved nine trips over a period of three months, dressed in tweeds, with primitive lighting, and using government surplus heavy-weight rope ladders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.