One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of equipment) provided by the government.
- ‘The building was not standard government issue.’
- ‘Everything she possessed right now was government issue.’
- ‘The government issue x-ray/night vision binoculars worked great but weren't exactly proving to be all that useful in his search.’
- ‘The relationship reaches its nadir when Francis, afraid that she is about to be shipped off to military school, shoots her father with his government issue sidearm.’
- ‘As an additional footnote, in 1956 U.S. military policy dictated the coloring of government issue holsters be changed from natural tan to black.’
- ‘This was the first standard government issue firearm and the beginning of the long tradition of US military small arms manufacture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.