(of equipment) provided by the government.
- ‘Everything she possessed right now was government issue.’
- ‘The building was not standard government issue.’
- ‘The relationship reaches its nadir when Francis, afraid that she is about to be shipped off to military school, shoots her father with his government issue sidearm.’
- ‘This was the first standard government issue firearm and the beginning of the long tradition of US military small arms manufacture.’
- ‘As an additional footnote, in 1956 U.S. military policy dictated the coloring of government issue holsters be changed from natural tan to black.’
- ‘The government issue x-ray/night vision binoculars worked great but weren't exactly proving to be all that useful in his search.’