One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Education was the means by which elites could pacify the people as a collective, rendering them governable through moral suasion.’
- ‘The country appears to be both viable and governable.’
- ‘Its 25 members are discussing proposals for a new, carefully crafted constitution that will make it at once more governable and more democratic - a pipedream even 18 months ago.’
- ‘The portions of cyberspace that appear to be easily governable are also relatively small.’
- ‘We were supposed to become unthinking, obedient, silent and submissive so as to be governable, exploitable and harmless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.