One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Terry's gouty ankle had grown to the size of a small planet, and he slept out in the open air at the back of the truck, stretched out on a long toolbox, his leg hoisted higher than the rest of him and pointing at the stars.’
- ‘If so, you might be experiencing an acute attack of gout - or gouty arthritis - a form of arthritis that's characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints.’
- ‘For example, gouty arthritis is caused by the improper functioning of the liver and kidneys.’
- ‘Supplement your diet with 2 g of fish oil capsules twice a day to reduce the chances of gouty inflammation.’
- ‘For some unknown reason acute gouty attacks may be more common in the spring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.