One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Red meat (beef, lamb, or mutton)as modifier ‘gosht biryani’
- ‘We continued with the Indian tradition of sharing what we'd ordered, which included the gosht shamnam, pot roasted lamb and mushrooms in a tomato and onion sauce flavoured with saffron and garam masala for €15.87.’
- ‘But he chose the arken gosht, ‘an extremely hot dish’ from the hills of south east of Bangladesh.’
- ‘We had hash browns the next day for breakfast, dim sum for lunch, and chicken korma and saag gosht at our favourite Brick Lane eatery for dinner.’
- ‘But the lamb khari gosht easily made up for it with thick, tender chunks of meat in a dark and rich sauce with big pieces of peppers and onion.’
- ‘For the main course we ordered the nalli gosht of slow roasted tender lamb shanks in a medium hot curry flavoured with the chef's creation of aromatic salts for €21.’
From Urdu gośt.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.