One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This 60-year-old B-grade horror classic harks back to an era when the power to scare came by implication rather than gruesome goriness.’
- ‘By Golly if the dead were rising from their graves and walking into town in all their goriness it would have been all around the Middle East by teatime.’
- ‘While some simply can't stomach this, others positively revel in the goriness of it all.’
- ‘This isn't a game where things jump out at you and the ‘horror’ comes from goriness.’
- ‘So, each murder plays out like a vignette designed more for maximum goriness than for plot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.