One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Mexican flatbread made from cornmeal and stuffed with meat, cheese, vegetables, or a sweet filling.
- ‘While an effort to drive dinner sales with Grande Meals was short lived, the chain bounced back with a greasier version of its Gordita known as the Chalupa, which has provided subsequent line extensions and halted the decline in same-store sales.’
- ‘The house combination plate offers a gordita, a soft taco and a quesadilla.’
- ‘The chlupas is a gordita that is fried and then baked giving it a crusty shell.’
- ‘Their main menu items are gorditas, hand-sized, hollowed out, thick, fat corn tortillas - much like a pita pocket - filled with your choice of cheese, vegetables, meat, and condiments.’
- ‘If you get the combo platter number three ($6.95), you can get a gordita, a doblada, and a sope, and then fight it out with yourself over which version is your favorite.’
Mexican Spanish, literally ‘little fat one’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.