One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Mexican flatbread made from cornmeal and stuffed with meat, cheese, vegetables, or a sweet filling.
- ‘The chlupas is a gordita that is fried and then baked giving it a crusty shell.’
- ‘Their main menu items are gorditas, hand-sized, hollowed out, thick, fat corn tortillas - much like a pita pocket - filled with your choice of cheese, vegetables, meat, and condiments.’
- ‘The house combination plate offers a gordita, a soft taco and a quesadilla.’
- ‘If you get the combo platter number three ($6.95), you can get a gordita, a doblada, and a sope, and then fight it out with yourself over which version is your favorite.’
- ‘While an effort to drive dinner sales with Grande Meals was short lived, the chain bounced back with a greasier version of its Gordita known as the Chalupa, which has provided subsequent line extensions and halted the decline in same-store sales.’
Mexican Spanish, literally ‘little fat one’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.