One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitch that is hit for a home run.
- ‘For next year, all I need is more mini-games, more un-lockable content, and a couple of pitchers who don't give up poorly-timed gopher balls.’
- ‘He has allowed only two home runs in four July starts after serving up 10 gopher balls in one six-game stretch.’
- ‘Vazquez, though he's more prone to the gopher ball, has a markedly higher strikeout rate, and much better control.’
- ‘Do not blame the pitchers for giving up a few more gopher balls this season.’
- ‘But Henry has a penchant for gopher balls, and his history reveals that if he is overused, his results drop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.