One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitch that is hit for a home run.
- ‘Do not blame the pitchers for giving up a few more gopher balls this season.’
- ‘But Henry has a penchant for gopher balls, and his history reveals that if he is overused, his results drop.’
- ‘For next year, all I need is more mini-games, more un-lockable content, and a couple of pitchers who don't give up poorly-timed gopher balls.’
- ‘He has allowed only two home runs in four July starts after serving up 10 gopher balls in one six-game stretch.’
- ‘Vazquez, though he's more prone to the gopher ball, has a markedly higher strikeout rate, and much better control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.