One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cleavers
- ‘Nettles and tangles of bindweed, pelt-snagging goosegrass and bedstraw alike were avoided, while he gazed with pleasure on the eager growth of scattered rowan and hawthorn saplings.’
- ‘We used MSMA [herbicide] to help control the crabgrass and goosegrass.’
- ‘The major grassy weed was crabgrass (Digitaria L. spp.) with some goosegrass present.’
- ‘All summer we fight Bermuda grass, nut grass, crabgrass, goosegrass, Dallis grass, spurge, pigweed and others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.