One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The small Caesar salad included crisp lettuce and a homemade creamy dressing - and it wasn't goopy, which is a common fault.’
- ‘I've had a lot of anticlimactic hot chocolate drinks lately: they're all syrupy, sickly and goopy.’
- ‘The split pea and bacon soup was rich and flavourful, but I'd give the goat cheese and artichoke dip a miss - it was bland, and reminded me of those hollowed out goopy spinach dips you see at Christmas parties.’
- ‘Then it's two coats of polish (more than that gets goopy and messy and infringes on the acceptable appearance of the polish), finishing up with a top coat sealer.’
- ‘And unlike those gel wax candles, they aren't almost liquid and goopy, instead they are actually pretty hard like normal wax candles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.