One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Equivalent to ten raised to the power of a googol.
- ‘Even bigger than a googol, according to Kasner, is a googolplex, a 1 followed by a googol zeros.’
- ‘Consequently, finding a specific number among the googolplex available can be as challenging as locating a particular piece of hay in a haystack.’
- ‘Through this method, a wild guess at the Möbius value of googolplex + 1 is possible, without a complete factorization.’
- ‘Here's an example, out of a possible googolplex of similar instances.’
- ‘Regarding other large numbers, neither googolplex nor infinity return calculator results.’
1940s: from googol + -plex as in multiplex.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.