One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The extent to which observed data match the values expected by theory.
- ‘On the basis of the goodness of fit between models and observations, a history of stationary population size can be confidently rejected for all three sets of samples.’
- ‘In addition, we tested goodness of fit of the observed frequency spectrum to that expected under the neutrality and panmixis with constant population size.’
- ‘The independent variable, the aggregate environmental index, E, did not have any statistical significance and did not improve the goodness of fit of the models to the data.’
- ‘The statistics of the headway distribution and the goodness of fit between the observed and detected distributions are shown in Table 2.’
- ‘We used a chi-square test of goodness of fit to test the null hypothesis that usage occurs in proportion to availability, considering all habitats simultaneously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.