One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing good wishes on parting at night or before going to bed.
- ‘After she apologized for keeping him up for so long, she kissed his cheek and said goodnight to him.’
- ‘Sliding Ashley's board back into its proper place, he gave her a kiss on the cheek and said goodnight.’
- ‘Everyone said goodnight and made their way to their respective bedrooms.’
- ‘They said goodnight; the guys watched them close the door behind them and then continued on their way.’
- ‘If it wasn't that then they either gave me a thumbs up or said goodnight.’
- ‘She quickly plugged her cell phone number into his phone and with another kiss they said goodnight and parted.’
- ‘Then she kissed him on the cheek, said goodnight and was in the door before Shaun had enough time to respond.’
- ‘Clive nodded, still trying to get his pipe to hold a flame and Katie said goodnight.’
- ‘I was too embarrassed to look at him when I clicked the light off and said goodnight.’
- ‘He lay on the pile next to me, said goodnight, and in a few minutes was lightly snoring.’
- ‘Feeling tense I said goodnight myself and ambled off to my room for the night.’
- ‘He kissed my palm and placed it gently beside my head before he stood up and said goodnight.’
- ‘He ruffled her hair slightly, and then said goodnight and left the room.’
- ‘I said goodnight to her, and snuck out the front door after she locked up.’
- ‘Lily said goodnight to everyone and went back to her room where A.J. had already practically passed out.’
- ‘When they said goodnight, she slipped Adam her number and gave him a kiss on the cheek.’
- ‘She nodded as he said goodnight and didn't even hear him close the door.’
- ‘We both said goodnight and went to our rooms which were in separate towers.’
- ‘Telling us she might drop by, she cleared our tables and said goodnight.’
- ‘The hour was getting late and the families said goodnight to each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.