Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Kind, friendly, and patient.‘everyone was very good-natured about my comments’‘there was plenty of good-natured banter’
warm-hearted, friendly, amiableneighbourly, benevolent, well disposed, favourably disposed, kind, kindly, kind-hearted, generous, magnanimous, unselfish, considerate, thoughtful, obliging, helpful, supportive, charitableunderstanding, sympathetic, lenient, tolerant, easy-going, patient, accommodatingdecentView synonyms
- ‘She was a good-natured, kind and pleasant person and a most helpful neighbour who will be missed by all who knew her.’
- ‘Oddly, it isn't included on this debut album though its good-natured whimsy would have chimed well with these songs.’
- ‘Amiable, good-natured and good fun, this is a highly promising feature debut from Simon Pegg.’
- ‘Adrian was a good-natured and handsome man with a joyful attitude when he was married to Julie.’
- ‘What struck me, though was how good-natured the whole march was at the weekend.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.