One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They took him prisoner but, because of his good-heartedness, they shipped him to a camp on the Greek mainland instead.’
- ‘That said, one can't help but admire the resilience and good-heartedness of the people of Wirt County, who chipped in to build an addition onto the Lynch house to make it wheelchair friendly for Jessi.’
- ‘Nonetheless, life is good, the earth is beautiful, human customs enchanting, and we must face up to things with a degree of stoical good-heartedness.’
- ‘Along with his modesty, Hunter's unalterable good-heartedness contributed to his popularity.’
- ‘They were proud of what they tried to do because, you know, there was a good-heartedness behind all these endeavours, and they were glad to be able to talk about it, and they all did.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.