Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A light, short-sleeved shirt with a collar, typically of a knitted fabric and with buttons at the neck only.See also polo shirt
- ‘Windbreakers and hats coordinated with a golf shirt make great souvenirs and are always appreciated by golfers.’
- ‘What do you think about golfers who wear a long-sleeve turtleneck or a mock under their short-sleeve golf shirt?’
- ‘Daly points out his sponsors by their logos on his golf shirt.’
- ‘He wore a pink golf shirt and blue jeans and black sneakers.’
- ‘They are great alternatives to the traditional golf shirt for women.’
- ‘Indeed, camp shirts offer a welcome relief from the standard knit golf shirt or classic polo at sport events or trade shows.’
- ‘During the promotional apparel boom days of the 1990s, the golf shirt defined the industry's growth and evolution.’
- ‘Back then, a golf shirt or a sweatshirt with a little contrast in the collar was considered very special, and usually at a premium.’
- ‘If the T-shirt or mock neck is still too daring at your course, try a traditional golf shirt with more color than you're used to.’
- ‘Say a supplier is preparing to run an order for an embroidered golf shirt.’
- ‘He's wearing a red golf shirt with a black collar, which doesn't go with his green cap.’
- ‘He came out of the truck, wearing a green golf shirt, and brown pants with leather boots.’
- ‘Kristen pulled on a red collar golf shirt and khaki pants.’
- ‘He wasn't wearing robes at the time, merely a golf shirt and black trousers.’
- ‘He had a white golf shirt on, as well as khaki pants.’
- ‘This may mean we go from an embroidered golf shirt to a printed T-shirt.’
- ‘Mark was really surprised and happy with his prize of a branded golf shirt and a case of Sterling Light.’
- ‘So now they've given up even trying and have adopted the uniform of the conservatively mundane, often in the shape of generic khakis and a white golf shirt.’
- ‘Granted, my hair has always been short and I confess to owning a golf shirt or two.’
- ‘Double tipping on the collar and cuffs introduces a new element to transform the casual golf shirt into apparel distinctive enough for both the office and championship courses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.