Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant of the daisy family that bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
- ‘Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.’
- ‘Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.’
- ‘By late September, the flowering goldenrods and Asters were the prominent members of the flora.’
- ‘The goldenrod have started to flower, a sure sign that summer is half over.’
- ‘Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.