One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A migratory northern diving duck, the male of which has a dark head with a white cheek patch and yellow eyes.
Genus Bucephala, family Anatidae: two species, in particular the common goldeneye (B. clangula)
- ‘During migration, goldeneyes stop on large lakes and rivers to feed while they move between breeding and wintering habitats.’
- ‘The goldeneye's white spot is between its telltale yellow eye and grey beak, rather than behind the eye.’
- ‘Female goldeneyes lay eggs in their own nests and in the nests of other female goldeneyes.’
- ‘With her telescope I scanned the ducks and was immediately smitten by the goldeneyes.’
- ‘It was beside Henry's Fork that we skied and watched goldeneyes, mallards and trumpeter swans floating in the shallows.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.