Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1An award given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, presented annually for outstanding achievement in film and television.‘she just won her fourth Golden Globe’
- ‘His wife had this great party for him to congratulate him on his Golden Globe.’
- ‘His performance earned him both an Academy Award and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 1964.’
- ‘Many of the other cast members have been nominated for Golden Globes or Oscars.’
- ‘He took home the Golden Globe a couple of times for lead actor in a dramatic series.’
- ‘It has deservedly won the best picture Golden Globe and will no doubt inspire a new generation to read Virginia Woolf.’
- 1.1The annual presentation of the Golden Globes.‘it was named best foreign language film at the recent Golden Globes’
- ‘The Golden Globes are traditionally held on the third Sunday of January.’
- ‘Ken coiffed Kim Cattrall's hair for the recent Golden Globes.’
- ‘It is also what led to his Best Actor award at the Golden Globes.’
- ‘The film has also been nominated for Best Dramatic Film in this year's Golden Globes, with Brody also receiving a nod for Best Actor.’
- ‘Despite DiCaprio's win at the Golden Globes, the momentum seems to be with Foxx.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.