One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See gold medal
- ‘He has promised to give Olympic gold medalist Audley Harrison a hand if he needs it.’
- ‘Nichols was a gold medalist at the 2003 Pan American Games and last weekend won the Arizona Cup International in Phoenix.’
- ‘This is a quote from Rick Carey, one of John's former swimmers and a three-time Olympic gold medalist in 1984.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Olympic sprint relay gold medalist Darren Campbell will be back in his native Manchester tomorrow for a presentation to a couple of the club's most promising youngsters.’
- ‘Olympic heptathlon gold medalist Denise Lewis confirmed she would compete at the World Championships in Paris.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.