One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See gold medal
- ‘Olympic heptathlon gold medalist Denise Lewis confirmed she would compete at the World Championships in Paris.’
- ‘He has promised to give Olympic gold medalist Audley Harrison a hand if he needs it.’
- ‘Nichols was a gold medalist at the 2003 Pan American Games and last weekend won the Arizona Cup International in Phoenix.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Olympic sprint relay gold medalist Darren Campbell will be back in his native Manchester tomorrow for a presentation to a couple of the club's most promising youngsters.’
- ‘This is a quote from Rick Carey, one of John's former swimmers and a three-time Olympic gold medalist in 1984.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.