One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In Britain the best recognized region is the Peak District and this is the reason why this goitrous condition is known colloquially as ‘Derbyshire neck’: but iodination of table salt has now made it rare.’
- ‘At 50 weeks mean percentage change in thyroid volume from baseline was -46.6% and only five children remained goitrous.’
- ‘A review of 15 cases of fetal goitrous hypothyroidism in the English literature is presented.’
- ‘Normal immunoglobulin levels have also been found in goitrous cases in other studies.’
- ‘Mice were made goitrous by feeding them a low iodine diet (0.1 ug iodine per day), supplemented with 0.25% propylthiouracil for 10 days, followed by the low iodine diet for another 2 days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.