One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A particularly enormous example of something.‘a Godzilla of a condominium tower’
- ‘This must rate as the Godzilla of all teen strops.’
- ‘It's the attack of the 50-foot art-film-fusion monster - a Godzilla of cinematic conceit!’
- ‘This year's prize, says our young narrator Vernon God Little, was won by a Godzilla pumpjack.’
- ‘The closer you get to the top of the supply chain, the more you face the two Godzillas of the industry Delphi and Visteon.’
- 1.1 A fierce or frightening person or thing.‘he had few anger issues but turned into a Godzilla later in the relationship’
From the name of a huge prehistoric monster featuring in a series of Japanese films from 1954 (a name allegedly adopted from the nickname of a burly film set employee).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.