One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common European willow with broad leaves and soft fluffy catkins.
- ‘The goat willows that have grown there are a particular feature and are subject to a tree preservation order.’
- ‘Before the gorse, goat willow and bramble were all problems needing a lot of labor to manage.’
- ‘Quick-growing goat willow will be planted to provide a rapid screen, along with a native woodland mix that will become established in around ten years when the willow will be removed.’
- ‘Some of the fields are nice, traditionally managed, and Broadlands Beck is pleasant with holly dominant, honeysuckle green and goat willows dripping catkins.’
- ‘By flowering early, the goat willow provides bees with both pollen and nectar when few other flowers are available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.