One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common European willow with broad leaves and soft fluffy catkins.
- ‘Quick-growing goat willow will be planted to provide a rapid screen, along with a native woodland mix that will become established in around ten years when the willow will be removed.’
- ‘The goat willows that have grown there are a particular feature and are subject to a tree preservation order.’
- ‘Some of the fields are nice, traditionally managed, and Broadlands Beck is pleasant with holly dominant, honeysuckle green and goat willows dripping catkins.’
- ‘By flowering early, the goat willow provides bees with both pollen and nectar when few other flowers are available.’
- ‘Before the gorse, goat willow and bramble were all problems needing a lot of labor to manage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.