One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area just in front of a goal in soccer, lacrosse, or hockey.
- ‘The corner is taken with similar verve and there is a goalmouth scramble where Arendse is unable to gather.’
- ‘The ref had run into the goalmouth signalling a free kick but I don't know where they took it from.’
- ‘Then Ged Smith delivered another peach of a corner into the goalmouth.’
- ‘Despite pressing for much of the second half it was Knockmay who got a fortuitous goal in a goalmouth scramble.’
- ‘County were on top in the first half but never looked entirely comfortable and reverted to their old ways of squandering chances even given the mitigating factor of the very muddy goalmouths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.