The situation in which an offensive team gets a first down within ten yards of the goal line, and thus cannot advance for another first down.
- ‘But with goal to go, he had a pass nearly intercepted.’
- ‘The Big Red drove down the field to open the third quarter and had goal to go on the Post eight yard line.’
- ‘NFL teams had thrown the ball 17 times on a goal to go.’
- ‘They had two bad snaps on drives where they had goal to go.’
- ‘The Patriots were magnificent until they had goal to go at their 2 yard line.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.