One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation in which an offensive team gets a first down within ten yards of the goal line, and thus cannot advance for another first down.
- ‘They had two bad snaps on drives where they had goal to go.’
- ‘NFL teams had thrown the ball 17 times on a goal to go.’
- ‘The Patriots were magnificent until they had goal to go at their 2 yard line.’
- ‘But with goal to go, he had a pass nearly intercepted.’
- ‘The Big Red drove down the field to open the third quarter and had goal to go on the Post eight yard line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.