One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a system) become operational.
- ‘After the system has gone live, the consultants continue to train the users while they're doing their jobs.’
- ‘The new Cambridge Journals Online system went live in October 2000.’
- ‘The University of Liverpool today unveiled a new supercomputer cluster which is expected to be one of the World's 100 most powerful systems when it goes live next month.’
- ‘Six months later, in June 2001, our new Web site went live.’
- ‘In almost every case, the client would be better off waiting until the application goes live before testing, rather than testing an incomplete ensemble of code and components.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.