One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said to express the speaker's belief that something is amazing or incredible.
- ‘We six kids are very close together in age, with my next sister being 10 and a half months younger than me - go figure! - which has always led me to believe that mum and dad kind of liked each other.’
- ‘When I've invited them to parties and explained they were ‘for adults only’, they never can find a baby sitter (go figure).’
- ‘This is a reality series watched by 40 million Americans every week - go figure.’
- ‘Well, all the good looking women were sitting with the physicists' table (go figure!) so I had to settle for sitting next to Steve Case.’
- ‘Turns out, he was going to break it off with the other woman anyway. (Seems that he doesn't actually have enough time for two girlfriends - go figure.)’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.