One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fly into a rage.
- ‘A platoon of sci-fi marines are dropped into hostile territory, seething with aliens, and they go ballistic.’
- ‘I missed a header from about 25 yards in a goalless draw at Bristol City and Megson went ballistic.’
- ‘One day, George found the fake test papers in a desk drawer and went ballistic.’
- ‘Within two or three days the media just went ballistic, so it worked in my favour.’
- ‘He brought everything but the Colman's mustard, and I went ballistic.’
- ‘When I offered to trace one person's family for him, he went ballistic and shook his head vigorously.’
- ‘An hour later, Lindsay arrived at the bash where Jessica allegedly went ballistic and lunged at Lohan before security pulled them apart’
- ‘I went ballistic and fired off a letter demanding a retraction of the fees.’
- ‘Environmental activists went ballistic - even more so than usual.’
- ‘Carole went ballistic and put her fist through one of the walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.