One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be regularly in the company of.‘he goes around with some of the neighborhood kids’
- ‘So, um, where are the people you're going around with?’
- ‘Sandra Keen said he had changed his lifestyle, stopped going around with the gang and started a work placement.’
- ‘And I talked it over with my wife and we decided it was a very tough thing to do to go out and talk about it and I knew very little about it but I learned a lot, went around with some very good people and I began to lecture here and there on drug abuse.’
- ‘‘Someone needs to talk some sense into that boy,’ she said, quietly, ‘he goes around with that Andrews girl all the time, but she doesn't care about him at all.’
- ‘It's said that it's unfair that men can go around with younger women and not cause a murmur, and yet older women can't be seen with younger men without being thought, well, rather disgusting.’
- ‘At one point in all these shenanigans, Reynolds was asked what he thought of his ex-wife going around with a man who had been accused of murder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.