One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be regularly in the company of.‘he goes around with some of the neighborhood kids’
- ‘So, um, where are the people you're going around with?’
- ‘At one point in all these shenanigans, Reynolds was asked what he thought of his ex-wife going around with a man who had been accused of murder.’
- ‘It's said that it's unfair that men can go around with younger women and not cause a murmur, and yet older women can't be seen with younger men without being thought, well, rather disgusting.’
- ‘And I talked it over with my wife and we decided it was a very tough thing to do to go out and talk about it and I knew very little about it but I learned a lot, went around with some very good people and I began to lecture here and there on drug abuse.’
- ‘Sandra Keen said he had changed his lifestyle, stopped going around with the gang and started a work placement.’
- ‘‘Someone needs to talk some sense into that boy,’ she said, quietly, ‘he goes around with that Andrews girl all the time, but she doesn't care about him at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.