One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small racing car with a lightweight or skeleton body.
- ‘As the swarm of go-karts completes its final warm-up lap and hurtles across the starting line, the race is on.’
- ‘There will be classic and vintage cars, racing cars, go-carts, bikes, trucks, service vehicles and just about anything else with wheels.’
- ‘He also covered motocross, powerboats, touring cars and go-karts, but F1 was his major arena.’
- ‘I grew up on a farm and I was an only child and my parents ran a road construction company, my dad used to build little go-karts for me, so I raced a lot of go-karts and dirt bikes when I was growing up.’
- ‘One of these houses remained empty for years (the speculation was that it was haunted following the mysterious death of the owner), and had the perfect drive for racing go-karts, bikes and skateboards.’
- ‘McMurray started racing go-karts at 10 and quickly established a winning habit, capturing four U.S. titles.’
- ‘Oh yes, go-karts, boats, been all sorts of cars, so this was where I found I could play with big horsepower and be safe.’
- ‘I've been brought up racing go-karts back home in England.’
- ‘That ability dates to when he was 5, running laps in a go-kart as his dad timed him.’
- ‘The Sonoma track offers a diverse calendar of racing events, from go-karts to motorcycles, drag racing, stock cars and sports cars.’
- ‘He used cameras mounted on go-karts and computer-graphic imagery.’
- ‘‘I started racing go-karts at age eight and that was when I started working on cars,’ Green says on his Web site.’
- ‘When I started racing, I did really well in go-karts and saw I had the talent to do it.’
- ‘I've played around with some go-karts here and there, but nothing to speak of.’
- ‘Numerous other activities taking place during the day include 4x4 off-road rides, trade stands, go-karts and motor tests.’
- ‘The first time I raced was in a go-kart at age 8.’
- ‘In all, he competed in only 23 car races between go-karts and F1.’
- ‘They are referred to as go karts, go carts, go-karts, shifter karts, gokarts and many other differently spelled variations.’
- ‘My 6-year-old son Dominic and I have been spending as much time as possible in our go-karts.’
- ‘Green's father, David, is a former drag racer who started his sons in go-karts and late models.’
1950s: kart, alteration of cart.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.