One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the government is keen on winning the confidence of the people, it must unleash some of its go-getting, hands-on, upright and efficient bureaucrats to take charge of these areas and implement development programmes on a war footing.’
- ‘It is quite possible that the strong-willed go-getting CEO's have been brought up by a very capable and active mother and learnt from them unconsciously.’
- ‘Yeah, Fox was the go-getting new kid on the block.’
- ‘In the past few years, particularly since the last election, these people have been replaced with a younger set, chosen for their brightness and go-getting business ability.’
- ‘As such, the punk movement, whether it would acknowledge it or not, paved the way for the go-getting - or selfish, depending on your point of view - decade that would follow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.