A condition characterized by an excess of sugar in the urine, typically associated with diabetes or kidney disease.
- ‘He was aware that pancreatic disease led to glycosuria.’
- ‘Prednisone may cause fluid and sodium retention with increased calcium and potassium, as well as carbohydrate intolerance, glycosuria, and hyperglycemia.’
- ‘A rectal examination can determine the presence of fecal impaction, and a simple urinalysis can be used to screen for infection or glycosuria.’
- ‘Participants not known to be diabetic and without glycosuria underwent a standard oral glucose tolerance test.’
- ‘Conversely, very preterm infants are also susceptible to hyperglycaemia and glycosuria, which can disturb fluid balance by inducing an osmotic diuresis.’
Mid 19th century: from French glycosurie, from glucos glucose.