Any of a class of proteins that have carbohydrate groups attached to the polypeptide chain. Also called glycopeptide.
- ‘A single glycoprotein may have multiple carbohydrate chains.’
- ‘Accordingly, the shape and charge contributed by the carbohydrate side chains of a glycoprotein can affect the protein's mobility on a gel.’
- ‘Proteins covalently associated with carbohydrates are termed glycoproteins.’
- ‘The short answer is: an extracellular matrix composed of collagen, proteoglycans, adhesive glycoproteins, and integrin.’
- ‘Other proteins and glycoproteins such as elastin and fibronectin are also present but have not been well characterised.’