Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a class of proteins that have carbohydrate groups attached to the polypeptide chain. Also called glycopeptide.
- ‘A single glycoprotein may have multiple carbohydrate chains.’
- ‘Accordingly, the shape and charge contributed by the carbohydrate side chains of a glycoprotein can affect the protein's mobility on a gel.’
- ‘Proteins covalently associated with carbohydrates are termed glycoproteins.’
- ‘The short answer is: an extracellular matrix composed of collagen, proteoglycans, adhesive glycoproteins, and integrin.’
- ‘Other proteins and glycoproteins such as elastin and fibronectin are also present but have not been well characterised.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.