The breakdown of glucose by enzymes, releasing energy and pyruvic acid.
- ‘The oxidation of one molecule of glucose via glycolysis and cell respiration releases enough energy to form 38 ATP molecules.’
- ‘Enzymes primarily involved in glycolysis and in the Krebs cycle showed only a small rise in activity (PFP, PFK and malate dehydrogenase).’
- ‘Many of these proteins are enzymes that participate in glycolysis and alcoholic fermentation or in other aspects of carbohydrate metabolism.’
- ‘There is clear evidence of metabolite channeling in the urea cycle, the citrate cycle, glycolysis, and other metabolic pathways.’
- ‘The cells depend on glycolysis for their main energy requirements and also require supplementation with uridine and pyruvate for growth.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.