A fatty acid ester of glycerol.
- ‘Fatty acids form esters with alcohols, and the common esters are glycerides, because the alcohol involved is glycerol.’
- ‘The glycerides of coconut oil are invariably a mixture of one, two, or three fatty acids.’
- ‘Sebum is produced in the sebaceous glands and consists of glycerides, wax esters, squalene, and cholesterol.’
- ‘Cholesterol can mix with glycerides and phospholipids and it can apparently endow lipid mixtures with the ability to absorb water.’
- ‘It is one of the most commonly found saturated fatty acids and it occurs as glycerides in the majority of animal and vegetable fats.’