One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively greedy.‘a gluttonous, cigar-smoking capitalist’
greedy, gourmandizing, voracious, insatiable, wolfishView synonyms
- ‘If you become less gluttonous, less greedy, less myopic, more savvy about the world in general, they don't win; you win.’
- ‘In the process, their brand of conservatism is beginning to look like a gluttonous attempt to funnel billions of dollars into the bank accounts of their friends and supporters.’
- ‘It is the currency that bought infrastructural investment and a high standard of living, and the curse that attracted the gluttonous attention of the most powerful countries in the world.’
- ‘If you're as gluttonous as we were, you should expect to pay $20 or so per person (including a complementary bowl of chips and homemade salsa), but you can also eat for much less.’
- ‘Often those who carry extra pounds are assumed to be gluttonous, when in fact obesity is not necessarily the result of willful decisions on the part of those who are overweight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.