One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To me, this enforced glumness became irritating; but then, I'm an American.’
- ‘There's relief in his voice, but glumness too, a result of his sudden homelessness and the loss of many of his belongings - clothes, furniture, even musical instruments.’
- ‘But through all of the glumness, I was actually pretty content.’
- ‘The findings of this study show a worrying trend towards glumness.’
- ‘There are plenty of hackneyed truisms about ill-winds, silver-linings and darkness-before-dawns that can be tossed into the glumness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.