One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Now all we have to do is find out way back out to the motorway again,’ Graham said, just a little glumly.’
- ‘Becky, the eldest, was staring glumly at her latest present.’
- ‘She sits by the kitchen door looking glumly out and, at regular intervals, asking very loudly for the door to be opened so that she may sample the weather.’
- ‘He plays with his Caesar salad, glumly spearing croutons or else sweeping one of those supremely talented hands through his heavy flick of a fringe.’
- ‘Sitting glumly over a mug of cold water on the morning of my cholesterol test I came to realise just how much I depend on coffee to get me going at the start of the day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.