One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An acid derived from glucose, occurring naturally as a constituent of hyaluronic acid and other glycosaminoglycans.
A uronic acid; chemical formula: HOOC(CHOH)₄CHO
- ‘At therapeutic doses, acetaminophen is biotransformed to nontoxic products and eliminated by conjugation with glucuronic acid and sulfate.’
- ‘It is well-known that the active compound of licorice is glycyrrhizin, a conjugation of two molecules of glucuronic acid and glycyrrhetic acid.’
- ‘We predicted that Mojave woodrats would excrete more glucuronic acid per unit dry mass of resin consumed.’
- ‘HA is a naturally occurring, linear polysaccharide with repeating disaccharide units composed of glucuronic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine.’
- ‘In hepatocytes, UDP glucuronyl transferase adds 2 equivalents of glucuronic acid to bilirubin to produce the more water soluble, bilirubin diglucuronide derivative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.