One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A luminous sparkless electrical discharge from a pointed conductor in a gas at low pressure.
- ‘In fact, the list of discharge plasmas related to glow discharges is longer than this.’
- ‘Electron microscopy was carried out by using specimen grids that were coated with 0.25% formvar and the carbon and subjected to glow discharge.’
- ‘The visible component of a coronal glow discharge occurs above the anode, often in layers.’
- ‘His work on diagnosing and modeling glow discharges has received much attention worldwide.’
- ‘In addition glow discharges might account for some reactions noted in the Viking biological experiments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.