Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A luminous sparkless electrical discharge from a pointed conductor in a gas at low pressure.
- ‘Electron microscopy was carried out by using specimen grids that were coated with 0.25% formvar and the carbon and subjected to glow discharge.’
- ‘In addition glow discharges might account for some reactions noted in the Viking biological experiments.’
- ‘His work on diagnosing and modeling glow discharges has received much attention worldwide.’
- ‘In fact, the list of discharge plasmas related to glow discharges is longer than this.’
- ‘The visible component of a coronal glow discharge occurs above the anode, often in layers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.