One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the ninth pair of cranial nerves, supplying the tongue and pharynx.
- ‘Stimulation of the glossopharyngeal nerve also increased airway area in all three regions, with the greatest effect in the caudal oropharynx.’
- ‘Innervated by the glossopharyngeal nerve, it is poorly encapsulated.’
- ‘With stimulation of the hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves, there were greater increases in the lateral than in the anteroposterior diameter in all three regions.’
- ‘The hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves innervate pharyngeal dilator muscles.’
- ‘A radiograph of the skull had confirmed a long styloid process on the left, which was perceived to be impinging on the glossopharyngeal nerve, causing referred pain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.