One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These past days I had felt fine - despite the gloominess and pessimism - and hadn't felt sorry for anyone but myself.’
- ‘For the last 5 or 6 days I've been surpassing even myself in gloominess.’
- ‘It's easy to make a movie that looks dark without having any darkness to it, but this is a film with a core gloominess and sadness and danger that feels real.’
- ‘It was a dark, rambling, badly-lit Victorian pile, but at the time its ponderous gloominess appealed to my over-developed taste for the Gothic.’
- ‘Aerobic exercise can ease the gloominess of depression and the tension associated with anxiety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.