Acute inflammation of the kidney, typically caused by an immune response.
- ‘Septic arthritis and acute glomerulonephritis have occurred following ear piercing, and infectious endocarditis has been reported after body piercing.’
- ‘Leading causes of kidney failure are diabetes, followed by hypertension, glomerulonephritis, and cystic kidney and urologic diseases.’
- ‘As in streptococcal pharyngitis, acute rheumatic fever and poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis most often occur in children.’
- ‘Acute rheumatic fever and poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis are the nonsuppurative complications of streptococcal pharyngitis.’
- ‘Late effects of the kidney inflammation glomerulonephritis’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.