Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice of conducting business according to both local and global considerations.
- ‘The process has some bearing on the glocalization problem.’
- ‘Glocalization, while an awkward word, is a succinct way to describe a key role libraries play.’
- ‘In the earlier theoretical discussion, the concept of glocalization was raised.’
- ‘Killen and her compatriots have adopted what some have dubbed a "glocalization" strategy.’
- ‘One comparative study of market glocalization has found large differences in outcomes between similar communities.’
- ‘Religions are at the forefront of the "glocalization" process.’
- ‘Glocalization assumes that globalization processes are responsible for the power and mobility of media.’
- ‘The emerging information and communication technologies are creating a new process of 'glocalization.'’
- ‘In business, the local part of glocalization mostly refers to geography.’
- ‘The globalization of urbanization and the glocalization of state territorial power are two deeply intertwined moments of a single process.’
- ‘Glocalization can also be interpreted as a dimension of what I call de-territorialization.’
- ‘Roland Robertson uses the term "glocalization" to describe a globalized world's increasing heterogeneity.’
- ‘Glocalization has come to describe a culture's ability to combine the local and the global.’
- ‘Homogenous global culture may be increasingly unpopular, but such cynical glocalization has its own dangers.’
- ‘It is a likely candidate for glocalization, because of its stated aim to include the traditionally powerless in decision-making processes.’
1990s: blend of global + localization.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.