The median part of the lentiform nucleus in the brain.
- ‘The reduction in the activity of complex I is found in the substantia nigra, but not in other areas of the brain, such as globus pallidus or cerebral cortex.’
- ‘These three are separated from each other by the medial and lateral medullary laminae of the globus pallidus.’
- ‘The globus pallidus is a wedge-shaped structure between the putamen and posterior limb of the internal capsule.’
- ‘The brain, particularly the substantia nigra and the globus pallidus, contains high levels of iron.’
- ‘These data also showed decreased volumes of the right globus pallidus, right anterior frontal region and cerebellum.’
- ‘One of its nuclei receives input from the globus pallidus and sends fibers to the motor cortex.’
Late 18th century: from Latin, pale globus.