One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth's atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants.
- ‘If we use more petrol we create more pollution and add to global warming.’
- ‘However, the impact that global warming may have on the monsoon is not yet fully understood.’
- ‘The company is deeply concerned by the effects of global warming caused by the greenhouse effect.’
- ‘Conflict over the role of nuclear power in combating global warming is heating up.’
- ‘The jury is still out regarding the case of human induced global warming.’
- ‘He was a sceptic about the capacity of global warming to affect hurricanes when he began a detailed study of the data.’
- ‘However, whether this is global warming, or part of a longer-term cycle, who knows?’
- ‘For the first time senior politicians and the media have clearly linked flooding to global warming.’
- ‘One important problem is that the emission of carbon dioxide causes global warming.’
- ‘The islands are at risk of being submerged if sea levels rise, which is an expected result of global warming.’
- ‘It is impossible to blame any one individual weather event on global warming.’
- ‘The reason is the way global warming affects rainfall and other weather patterns.’
- ‘One further feature of global warming is the increased risk of flooding in the future.’
- ‘The tired old global warming, and greenhouse gas bogeymen have also been raised.’
- ‘Some climatologists maintain that global warming is unlikely to have an impact on hurricanes.’
- ‘Where am I to go for serious coverage and debate on the big issues of climate change and global warming?’
- ‘We cannot tell if global warming is occurring as a result of increased atmospheric carbon dioxide.’
- ‘I have researched the subject of global warming and alternative energy for more than ten years.’
- ‘We all know that carbon emissions are contributing to global warming and ecocide.’
- ‘It is the key to the fight back against pollution, global warming, and dwindling resources.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.