One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Before 1789, it had been the most glitteringly successful sector.’
- ‘However amusing its ironic stance toward the culture it glitteringly mocks, the real irony of this book is that it's the ultimate Los Angeles product: a rip-roaring, special-effects-filled ride.’
- ‘These days it is weighed glitteringly down with upmarket gold shops and silversmiths, but the bridge was traditionally home to the city's butchers and tanners.’
- ‘Begin with a novel take on pirate mythology, add a dash of exciting special effects and glitteringly beautiful treasure scenes, mix with snarky, fresh comic relief, and seal with an incredibly cute cast.’
- ‘His black hair remained glitteringly in front of his eyes, forming a dark, velvety curtain to frame his elusively foxy features.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.